I’ve only recently felt like I could come up for a bit of air after spending the last few months feeling like we’ve been chasing our tails. I guess that’s what happens when we do silly things like open two new stores in the span of two months. Remind me to never do that again!
The only thing that has kept Ash and I sane is the support of all our lovely customers – that’s right, you! – as well as the awesome TCP team.
Everyone has contributed in completely different ways, and I’d like to thank all of them. We genuinely could not have done it without them.
I’ve decided to dedicate April’s issue to one in particular. Apryl is our People Leader and just so happens to have been born in April (wouldn’t have guessed it myself!) Here are a couple of fun desserts to help celebrate your friend’s April birthday!
And they’re allowed to say… “It’s my party and I’ll FAIRY BREAD if I want to!” That’s right, shout it from the rooftops!
I hope you enjoy. Love life and live cheeky!
Chocolate NuttyChoc Cupcakes (makes 10)
– 120g self raising flour
– 30g Callebaut cocoa powder
– 150g caster sugar
– 3 eggs
– 150g unsalted butter, diced & soft
– 1 jar TCP NuttyChoc
1. In 1 bowl, mix together self raising flour and cocoa powder. Set aside
2. In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
3. Beat in the eggs, adding one at a time
4. Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture, mixing together until combined
5. Spoon mixture into paper cases, about one quarter full
6. Place 2 teaspoons of Nutty Choc into the middle
7. Cover with more cupcake mixture until about three quarters full
8. Bake at 180C for 13-15 minutes
Vanilla Bean Buttercream
– 190g icing sugar
– 120g unsalted butter, room temperature
– 2 tsp Heilala vanilla bean paste
– 15g milk
1. With hand mixer or stand mixer, beat together icing sugar and butter until fully mixed and
creamy, about 4 minutes
2. Add vanilla bean paste and milk and continue to beat for another minute
Dessert of the Month – Cherrychoc Panna Freakshake
Don’t miss TCP’s April Dessert of the Month!
We’re so excited about our first dessert collaboration with the beautiful Li Chi Pan. It was an incredibly fun process, bringing together Li Chi’s marketing and content expertise with our ability to bring flavour ideas to life. Don’t miss out on our Cherrychoc Panna Freakshake – available this month only!
It’s the first ever dessert INSIDE a shake! The bottom of the glass features a chocolate and sour cherry panna cotta with a fudgey chocolate layer, topped with a Cherry Ripe-blended milkshake, whipped cream and a house-made Coco Cherry Brownie and marshmallow kebab. Question is… spoon or straw?
It’s my party – I’ll fairy bread if I want to!
– Your choice of bread (we’ve used twin rolls here)
– TCP’s Cranky Pants salted caramel
– 100s & 1000s
1. Slice/cut your bread to how you’d like to serve
2. Spread a generous amount of Cranky Pants salted caramel
3. Sprinkle with 100s & 1000s